Wattle Gully Location
Directions to Wattle Gully Retreat
- From Brisbane follow the Bruce Highway north and take the Australia Zoo turnoff and keep going through to Landsborough.
- Turn into Landsborough and cross over the railway lines and proceed up the mountain to Maleny
- Proceed through the township of Maleny heading towards Kenilworth.
- About 8 kms from Maleny you will find the Witta Road turnoff.
- Turn into Witta Road and follow it to the Sportsground and Cemetery corner.
- On the corner of Witta Road and Cooke Road you will find Ansell Road (our road).
- If you are driving from the North take the Landsborough exit off the Bruce Highway at Caloundra overpass.
- Wattle Gully Retreat reception is located at 158 Ansell Road, Witta behind the Farmhouse.
- GPS setting - Corner Witta Road and Ansell Road, Witta.
Out and About
Nearby, the villages of Maleny and Montville offer:
- Wineries for lunch and wine tasting
- Speciality cheese and ice cream tasting outlets
- Antique stores and art galleries
- Maleny Weekend Craft Market (every Sunday morning) - RSL Hall
- Witta Farmer’s Markets (third Saturday of each month) - Old Witta School
- Restaurants and Devonshire Teas
- Lake Baroon Dam for sailing and canoeing
- Gardner's Falls, a popular local swimming spot
- Mary Cairncross Park for rainforest walks and views of the Glasshouse Mountains
- Ballooning over the Glasshouse Mountains
- Dairy Farm Tours (daily at 10:00am, 11:30am, 1:00pm and 2:30pm, closed on Sundays)
- Australia Zoo
- Strawberry Farms – pick your own – seasonal from July to October - Beerwah area
- Maudy’s Restaurant – www.maudy’s.com.au – 54944411
- Maleny has a selection of different cuisines available.